If you love storytelling AND motivating actions with your words...
you might be a Marketing Copywriter!
What You'll Be
HubSpot Marketing Copywriters are versatile wordsmiths. They spend their days crafting action inciting communications that help our clients' clients along their educational journey.
Sometimes you will be inspired and know exactly what to write to meet our clients' goals, other times you will be given the strategy to run with. Either way, you will be an integral part of our clients' success.
If you love the feeling of guided freedom, the ability to learn things on your own but have the support of those who have done it before, this job is for you.
This is a 100% remote position!
What You'll Get
Loads of Mentorship
This list will only get better with time!
What You'll Do
- Develop questionnaires and conduct interviews in order to gather content project requirements
- Create outlines and briefs that align clients and team members
- Research personas and keyword topics
- You will write marketing copy for emails, web pages, landing pages, downloadable guides, and seo (either short and punchy or direct and functional)
- Deploy your copy into waiting web pages, landing pages, blogs, emails, forms...
- Client Management
- Keep personal meeting notes
- Create client facing documents/presentations (diagrams, flowcharts, strategy documents, delivered work...)
- Project Management
- Monitor your clients' projects
- Self-administer your own tasks
- Remain communicative and available with team and clients via slack, email, text, conference call and smoke signals during reasonable business hours.
- Internal Operations
- Participate in regular team connect calls
- Internal Marketing & Sales
- Contribute to company marketing (blog, social, seo...)
- Assist in the sales process when needed
- Complete & Maintain ALL HubSpot Certifications
- Attend in person and virtual educational events
The "Nice But Not Required" List
- You might have better than average design skills
- You are tech savvy and are familiar with many martech tools
- In a past life, you may have been known to code (like getting your copy formatted right with html in an email)
What You'll Need
- 1-2 years of diverse digital marketing experience
- 2-3 years of copywriting or content marketing experience
- Excellent copyediting skills
- Deep understanding of the various types of digital copy
- Resourceful troubleshooter
- Familiar with the concepts around inbound funneling strategies, lead generation, lead nurturing, lead qualification, and marketing automation
- Highly disciplined/organized and able to segment your time and focus in order to hit deadlines
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision
- Able to deliver client ready work that is fully tested and contains minimal mistakes.
Most of our clients are in B2B software or B2B technology services. Please be familiar and excited to write for these types of businesses.
"As a founding Employee, you will have a huge say in where the company goes!"
-Nicole Pereira, Founder